Monday, December 31, 2007

Brasserie Dieu du Ciel, Montreal, QC

I really like the beer here, but its crazy busy at night, and has always been choked with cigarette smoke. Not so nice to visit.

But Hurrah! No smoking in Montreal bars anymore, so we went to visit.

I had the Grande Noirceur, an Imperial Stout. It was good, but was on the verge of sickly sweet. And just because it has a bit more alcohol doesn't mean it should be served in a smaller glass! Anyhow.

Marc had the Premiere Neige, and it was delicious! A bit hoppy, with a hint of Anise, they describe it as a scottish ale, which basically seems to mean rich, reddish, and a bit sweet. I thought it was more like an IPA. Either way, the bitterness of the hops and sweetness of the anise balanced really well. I really liked it, and tried to buy a bottle, but no luck. I'd like to try to make one of these.

dieuduciel.com

No comments: