Sunday, January 20, 2008

Espresso Stout, Streamworks, BC

The Whip opens a cask of beer every Sunday about 4:00. Todays was an Espresso Stout from Steamworks. I didn't expect to like it, but you go to a beer tasting to taste the beer, right?

It wasn't delicious, but wasn't undrinkable, either. It actually tasted quite strongly of coffee, not in a sweet coffee grounds way, but actually tasted like espresso. I guess thats an achievement, but nobody else at the table ordered one after tasting mine.

And the service was terrible, as usual. I don't want much, really, I just want to be asked what I want to eat or drink reasonably promptly after arriving, and later to be asked if I want anything else without having to search around for the server. But thats more than the Whip can manage to organize.

www.steamworks.com

No comments: