Saturday, January 5, 2008

Ramdham, Les Brasseurs du Hameau, Ham-Sud, QC

malt quebequois, orange biologique, biere noire sur lie

Claimed to have a "puissant gout d'ecorce d'orange" (strong taste of orange peel), but it didn't. It was a smooth tasty black beer, with a rich head, but no taste of orange that I could notice. Sometimes beer left on its lees gets a little to much CO2 as it sits in the bottle, and I think this is one of them. I don't like to burp up excess gas while I'm drinking my beer, it reminds me of soda pop and champagne (yuck).

Other than I couldn't taste the orange (and I was curious to know what it would taste like!) the carbonation is my only gripe. The flavour was good, and Julie drank it with pleasure.

Still, there's lots of good stouts, I'm not sure I'd buy this one again.

Interestingly, this Brasserie calls itself a nanobrasserie, I guess "micro"s have grown pretty big, and they claim to be the smallest in Canada!

lesbrasseursduhameauc.ca

No comments: